|Are you experiencing sewer problems?
Help is here.
Do you have back-up problems?
Blockage in your lateral line is the most common reason people have back-up problems with their plumbing system. Toilets get clogged, drains get backed-up.
Are you selling or thinking of selling your house?
Replacing your lateral sewer line can greatly increase the value of your home.
Sewer Lateral Replacement Program
When you have a home with an old sewer system, life can get very expensive and inconvenient, and your home can decrease in value. SASM and the City of Mill Valley want to help qualifying homeowners access financial assistance to make much needed home improvements. The Sewer Lateral Replacement Program offers a reimbursement of up to $150 for the video inspection and the opportunity to receive a grant or low interest loans to replace or repair sewer lateral lines.
There are two aspects to the program:
- The Grants Program – provides a reimbursement of up to $150 for the video inspection, and will fund 50% of the repair cost (capped at $2200)* for a single family residence in the SASM service area whose income is not higher than 70% of the median household income of Marin County.
- The Low Interest Loan Program – provides a reimbursement of up to $150 for the video inspection, and may cover up to 100% of the cost of repair and replacement at a low interest rate over the course of 1-3 years for a single family residence in the SASM service area. There is no income limit.
All homeowners who participate in the program will receive a Certificate of Compliance upon completion of the project. This program is required by the Administrative Civil Liability issued by the San Francisco Regional Water Resources Control Board.
*The cap amount may change depending on availability of the remaining fund.
Questions? Ready to Apply?
- Call the Sewerage Agency of Southern Marin at 388-2402.
- Download the Information Packet and Application.
Download the Contractor List.
- Or pick up an application at the SASM Wastewater Treatment Facility (450 Sycamore Avenue), or City Hall (26 Corte Madera Avenue).
Last updated: 5/6/2014 1:35:24 PM