Evacuation Drill Information
Keep your eyes out for the Blue Evacuation Logos on the pavement. They can be found at the pedestrian routes to direct residents towards downtown Mill Valley. Remember, there may be more then one safe route out of your neighborhood.
When disaster strikes residents may be asked to evacuate their homes to evacuation assembly areas. If you hear emergency warning sirens check local TV and radio stations for evacuation information and instructions. Do not call 911.
The City of Mill Valley Evacuation Map was developed to show suggested evacuation routes out of the City. It includes primary and secondary street routes, our Steps, Lanes and Paths system and evacuation assembly areas. Depending on the type of emergency, there may be more then one route out of the City. Please familiarize yourself with your surrounding neighborhood and listen for instructions from emergency personnel when asked to evacuate.
To determine the alternate evacuation routes in your neighborhood:
- Click on the above City of Mill Valley Evacuation Map link and then click "open."
- One the map is open, enlarge or zoom the map to the size of your choice. 50%
is a good working size.
- You can then scroll to your neighborhood using the horizontal or vertical arrows
at the bottom or side of the map.
- To print our your map, click on the print icon at the top of the page. When the print window opens, find the print range and click on current view.
- Finally, click on "OK" to print out your evacuation map.
Take your family out walking and discover different routes out of your neighborhood!
Start your planning now:
- Develop an escape plan and discuss it with your family.
- Walk your neighborhood before disaster strikes and look for alternate escape routes.
- During high fire danger periods be prepared to evacuate.
- Preload important papers, photos and your emergency supply kit.
- Lives take priority over property.
- Please evacuate when asked to do so.
- Be prepared to evacuate on foot.
For more information, please visit the Emergency Preparedness Information webpage or contact Fire Chief Jeff Davidson at email@example.com or at (415) 389-4130.
Volunteers install evacuation decals.
Last updated: 2/6/2013 8:27:50 AM