New Year’s Eve Safety Tips
Helpful tips from the Mill Valley Police Department
- Before you leave for your celebration, make a plan to get home safely.
- Designate a sober driver, use public transportation, ride share, or use a taxi service if you have consumed any alcohol.
- Do not let a friend or family member drive after drinking.
- Never get in a car with someone who has been drinking. If you see someone driving drunk call 9-1-1.
- If you are hosting a party, make sure friends and family members have a plan on how to get home safely.
- When going out to a restaurant or bar make sure to stay with your group.
- Don’t leave your drink unattended. If you do, consider it garbage in the case that it has been tampered with.
- Remember to charge and carry your cell phone.
- If you have pets, remember to keep them inside and away from any loud noises.
- Remember that serving alcohol to minors is against the law.
If you see anything suspicious call the Mill Valley Police Department at (415) 389-4100, or in the case of an emergency always call 9-1-1. Be safe and we hope you all have a spectacular New Year!