UPDATE: PG&E’s 2018 Community Wildfire Safety Program - 6/21/18
UPDATE: PG&E’s 2018 Community Wildfire Safety Program
Please direct questions to PG&E 1-800-743-5000
Vegetation management work continues through summer and fall at locations throughout Mill Valley. The work will be completed by PG&E crews, and subcontractors, including Davey Resource Group. Crews will be trimming vegetation, including trees and shrubs near power lines, poles and in areas determined to be fire access routes for vehicles and fire crews. Residents in affected areas should receive information from PG&E via phone, mail, and/or doorhanger prior to work, and should look for updates. Please note that in some cases, trimming or removal of trees or shrubs on private property may be necessary to ensure wildfire safety. PG&E will contact property owners prior to any work on their property.
PG&E has four significant reconductoring projects scheduled for Mill Valley this summer. These projects will provide safer electrical wiring and components on overhead lines. Vegetation management is scheduled prior to reconductoring in the following locations:
- Summit Avenue from Magee to Ralston including portions of Ralston Avenue, Marguerite Avenue, Beverly Terrace and Magee Avenue:
- Vegetation management continues through June 29
- Reconductoring scheduled to be completed by June 29
- Throckmorton Avenue from Eugene Street to Cascade Drive including portions of Throckmorton Lane and Cornwall Street
- Vegetation management continues through July 13
- Reconductoring continues through July 13
- Edgewood Avenue from Molino Avenue to Sequoia Valley Road.The portion of Edgewood Avenue east of Sequoia Valley Road to approximately 280 Edgewood Avenue will be completed as part of the Sequoia Valley Road segment (see below).
- Vegetation management weeks of June 25 and July 2
- Reconductoring scheduled July 9-August 10
- Sequoia Valley Road from Edgewood Avenue to approximately 645 Sequoia Valley Road (County) including the portion of Edgewood Avenue from the Sequoia Valley Road intersection to approximately 280 Edgewood Avenue
- Vegetation management scheduled the weeks of July 9 and July 16.
- Reconductoring scheduled July 23- August 17.
Information on future locations will be included in future updates on the City’s website www.cityofmillvalley.org as well as www.pgecommitment.com.
For a current list of permitted Road Impacts go to http://www.cityofmillvalley.org/services/traffic/road.htm