PG&E Provides Financial Resources For Those Impacted During COVID-19
PG&E provides many resources for customers to resolve ongoing financial hardships during the COVID-19 pandemic. PG&E will not shut off power for unpaid bills during this time. In addition, customers with certain income and other medical needs may qualify for additional assistance.
PG&E Financial Resources Include:
- California Alternate Rates for Energy Program (CARE). A monthly discount of 20% or more on gas and electricity. Participants qualify through income guidelines or if enrolled in certain public assistance programs.
- Family Electric Rate Assistance Program (FERA). A monthly discount of 18% on electricity only. Must be a household with three or more people. Participants qualify through income guidelines.
- Offering Flexible Payment Plans. You can schedule payment of your current balance over several months to help address temporary financial strains.
- Relief for Community Assistance Through Community Help. Provides income qualified customers with financial assistance during times of hardship.
- Medical Baseline. Residential customers who have special energy needs due to certain qualifying medical conditions can receive a lower rate on monthly energy bills.
Learn more about financial support resources on the PG&E website.