Miller Avenue Streetscape Project Update - Week of July 31 - August 4
August 2, 2017
All of Miller Avenue from Sunnyside to Almonte is being paved as part of the project. Work crews are paving inbound (towards Downtown) and outbound (towards Almonte) this week and in the upcoming weeks. New, smooth, uniform surface roads are starting to appear on Miller Avenue. Paving work will conclude with striping of the roadway, scheduled for the end of August.
Please note the following:
- It is very important that you STAY OUT OF THE WORK ZONE:
- Motorists: Driving in the work zone is NOT PERMITTED. Do not go around or move barricades. Police enforcement is in effect.
- Pedestrians (including children and pets): Obey crosswalk detours and do not cross into the work zone - the hot asphalt can melt shoes and cause serious burns.
- Cyclists - Do not ride in the work zone - the hot asphalt can pop tires on contact.
- Expect shifting daily detours, traffic delays, and impacts to parking, side street and driveway access.
- Give yourself extra time if you are driving on Miller Ave.
- Check www.mvtraffic.org before your trip.
Emergency services will have access at all times and you should call 911 in the case of any emergency. Please SLOW DOWN in the work zone - Drive 15 mph. Enhanced Police enforcement of the speed limit in the construction zone is in effect.
Upcoming Construction Details - Road and Driveway Closures
See information below, all dates subject to change.
Passage and Parkway (Sunnyside to Willow):
- August 3: Final paving, outbound slow lane. No curbside parking all day. No driveway access for up to 4 hours as pavement cools. Please be aware of construction in the area; coordinate with the construction crew onsite and/or avoid parking in this area for the day.
- August 7: Final paving, inbound fast lane. Up to 4 hour closure of fast lane and median parking as pavement cools. No curbside parking. Driveway access permitted.
Additional closures and traffic detours into August to completely finish the paving work and stripe roadway.
Gateway and Marsh (Reed/Valley Circle to Almonte): Please note temporary parking available at Tam High school for local residents and employees.
- Paving completed. Temporary lane shifts will occur inbound as construction crews raise manholes in the street.
- August 3: Final paving, parking areas. Up to 1-day closure of curbside parking.
- August 4: Final paving, outbound slow lane. No street parking or driveway access for up to 4 hours as pavement cools. Please be aware of construction in the area; coordinate with the construction crew onsite and/or avoid parking in this area for the day.
- August 7: Final paving, outbound fast lane. Up to 1-day closure of fast lane. Street parking and
driveway access permitted.
Additional closures and traffic detours into August to finish paving work and stripe roadway.
Mainstreet (Valley Circle/Reed Street-Willow)
Final paving and striping of the new roadway will require temporary lane shifts while final paving is placed and cooled. Temporary driveway and sidestreet access closures (up to 4 hours) will occur when work crews are paving the slow lane. Please note there will be parking restrictions in place as part of this work to allow for paving and lane shifts. Please plan ahead and continue to communicate with your visitors, patrons and deliveries in terms of access to your business or home.
Final Paving Schedule (Dates Subject to Change)
- August 3: Willow to Montford - Outbound slow lane (temporary driveway/sidestreet closures and no curbside parking)
- August 4: Montford to Valley Circle - Outbound slow lane and curbside parking areas (temporary driveway/sidestreet closures and no curbside parking)
- August 7: Outbound fast lane (no median parking)
- August 8-11: Sidestreets, pull throughs and median parking areas (no median parking)
Roadwork will conclude with striping of the roadway, anticipated for late August (24-29), which will also result in temporary lane shifts and short-term limited driveway/sidestreet access.