Digital Literacy Workshops from PLA and AT&T
Tuesdays 11:00am and Thursdays at 2:00pm; Tuesdays at the Library, Thursdays at the Mill Valley Community Center
The Library presents a series of digital literacy workshops intended to help the beginner take their first steps into the world of computers, devices, and the internet. We will also cover basic cybersecurity and email. Each class will be taught at the Library and then repeated at the Mill Valley Community Center - join us for either or both!
This series is supported by a grant from the Public Library Association and AT&T.
Registration recommended but not required. Register by clicking dates below.
|Class Title||At the Library - 11:00am||At the Community Center - 2:00pm|
|Computer Basics (Windows 10)||September 5th||September 7th|
|Computer Basics (macOS 11)||September 12th||September 14th|
|Device Basics (Apple)||September 19th||September 21st|
|Device Basics (Android)||September 26th||September 28th|
|Internet Basics||October 3rd||October 5th|
|Email Basics||October 10th||October 12th|
|Cybersecurity Basics||October 17th||October 19th|
|Video Conferencing Basics||October 24th||October 26th|
Computers, devices, big data, self-driving cars, social media - the world is moving fast and it's easy to feel left behind. Join Digital Services Librarian Franklin Walther for a series of monthly classes that will give you a solid grounding in the digital world.
Classes are hybrid - attend in person or via Zoom. Ask questions, see the screen share - you'll get the full experience either way.
Find upcoming topics and register to attend on this page, as well as handouts from previous classes below! Please note some past classes' handouts will be out of date.
- Digital Literacy - A Free Lunch (PDF)
- Digital Literacy - Decoding Devices (PDF)
- Digital Literacy - Digital Housekeeping (PDF)
- Digital Literacy - Is Privacy Possible? (PDF)
- Digital Literacy - Social Media and its Discontents (PDF)
- Digital Literacy - Staying Safe and Sane on the Internet (PDF)
- Digital Literacy - The Wired and the Wireless (PDF)
- Digital Literacy - The Wonderful World of Windows (PDF)
- Digital Literacy - Videoconferencing - Zoom and Beyond (PDF)