East Blithedale Rehabilitation Project
The City of Mill Valley recognizes East Blithedale Avenue as a vital corridor between downtown Mill Valley and Highway 101 as it serves as the northern gateway into the City’s residential, school and business areas.
The East Blithedale Avenue Rehabilitation Project is currently divided into 3 phases and the goal is to rehabilitate aging pavement conditions, install new bike lanes, upgrade existing traffic signals, and improve access to local residential, schools, and businesses.
The project will interrupt the normal course of business and residential living in the project area. The City is working to address key issues to minimize, where possible, construction-related impacts such as traffic congestion, noise, debris, parking, business operations, deliveries, and accessibility for residents, employees, and customers.
Phase I from Tower/Kipling Drive to Amicita Ave. is currently under construction and final paving is expected to be completed in June 2022.
Project Improvements for Phases II and III include:
- Pavement repairs
- New ADA compliant curb ramps
- New rapid flashing beacons at crosswalks
- Storm drain system improvements
- Sewer main repair, and curb and gutter repair
Some key design features include:
- Pavement rehabilitation
- Widening sidewalks at three utility pole locations
- Installing approximately 43 new ADA compliant curb ramps
- Widening the sidewalk in front of Boyle Park
- Installing Class III bike lane street markings from Sunnyside Avenue to Sycamore Avenue
- New bike route signing and striping improvements at the Millwood Avenue and Sycamore Avenue intersections
- Extending curbs ramps (bulb-outs) at Sunnyside Avenue, Mountain View Avenue, Dell Street, Thalia Street, East Drive, and Mesa Avenue.
- Installing rectangular rapid flashing beacons at six uncontrolled crosswalks
- Sewer repair and lateral replacement
Phase I construction: Final paving completed by June 2022.
Phase II construction: April 2022 - October 2023
Phase III construction: April 2022 - October 2022
Click here to sign up for project updates and stay up to date with construction alerts.
Learn the latest about the East Blithedale Project including a new permanent traffic pattern change, striping and signage, lateral replacement, as well as grinding and paving. Read on...
Direct Project Contact Information 24/7:
City of Mill Valley:
Ahmed A. Aly, Project Manager
David DeLira, Associate Engineer
Construction Management and Public Outreach Team:
Mike Janet, Construction Manager Coastland
Rob White, Construction Inspector Coastland
Katie DeMaio, Public Outreach AIM Consulting firstname.lastname@example.org
General Contractor: Dan Giordani Argonaut Constructors email@example.com