United Against Hate Week - November 13 - 19
The City of Mill Valley joins in spreading the message of United Against Hate week: “We reject hate of any kind and believe that building a safer and more equitable world starts by working together.” On November 7, 2022, the Mill Valley City Council unanimously adopted a resolution to Declare the Week of November 13-19, 2022, as "United Against Hate Week" in the City of Mill Valley.
"The Mill Valley City Council declares its commitment to stand United Against Hate and supports United Against Hate Week activities helping to empower community bridge building and strengthening our communities to combat hate during every week of the year, but with special attention during the week of November 13 through November 19, 2022, and onwards."
Download "Mill Valley Stands United Against Hate" Posters, Flyers and Postcards Here
Check out the many United Against Hate activities throughout Marin
Osher Marin JCC, Not In Our Town, and Congregation Rodef Sholom
Repairing the World Film Screening
Date: November 17, 2022 |
Time: 7:00 pm–10:00 pm
Location: Osher Marin JCC
Repairing the World: Stories from the Tree of Life documents Pittsburgh’s powerful community response to hate in the aftermath of the deadliest antisemitic attack in U.S. history. Through the voices of survivors, family members, diverse Pittsburgh residents and leaders, the film shows unity in a moment of crisis, the resilience of a vibrant city, and a community working together to understand what it means to be “stronger than hate.” Learn more and reserve a spot.
All Our Children United
Ribbon Cutting and Celebration - Tunnel Between Marin City and Sausalito
Saturday, November 19, 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
There will be refreshments and a musical parade through the tunnel linking our Sausalito and Marin City communities.
City of Novato
Proclamation Recognizing United Against Hate Week
Mill Valley Library
The Library’s focus on bringing people together, better understanding divisive issues, and uniting against hate is a year-round effort.
During United Against Hate week, the Library offers the following:
- Friendship & Connection Club - Join us for conversation and guided discussions to get to know other members of the club. This week will incorporate the theme of unity in the discussion.
Date: Sunday, November 13, 2022
Time: 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Location: Main Reading Room
- Virtual Author Talk - Join us for an enlightening hour with bestselling author Kwame Christian, author of How to Have Difficult Conversations About Race: Practical Tools for Necessary Change in the Workplace and Beyond.
Date: Tuesday, November 15, 2022
Time: 9:00 am - 10:00 am
Learn more and register.
- Story Time - Join Librarian Lauren for books, songs, and stories in a beautiful outdoor setting. Designed for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers with their caregivers. Stories will focus on kindness and tolerance.
Date: Wednesday, November 16, 2022
Time: 10:15 am - 10:45 am
Location: Outdoor Amphitheater
- Poetry Reading - This Poetry Reading Series provides a unique opportunity to hear diverse and unusual sets of readers, pairing local Bay Area poets with visiting poets and writers. This event will feature Zeina Hashem Beck, a Lebanese poet, and Lynne Thompson, Los Angeles’ 2021-22 Poet Laureate.
Date: Thursday, November 17, 2022
Time: 7:00pm - 8:00pm
Location: Creekside Room
- Non-fiction Writing Workshop – This workshop meets the first and third Thursday of each month from 7-8:30pm. Writers at all levels of experience are welcome. The group will be ongoing and we hope to build a supportive and productive community. This session will include prompts to focus on anti-hate themes.
Date: Thursday, November 17, 2022
Time: 7:00pm - 8:30pm,
Learn more and register
Do you have an event to share? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org