What is required regarding trash, debris, indoor and outdoor storage?

Trash and debris on your property can invite criminal activity, graffiti, and illegal dumping and can contribute to infestations of insects and rodents. Remove trash and debris and store all property in an approved manner. Check with our Planning Department to ensure you are complying with all regulations especially when storing or parking boats or commercial and recreational vehicles in a residential area.

Store inoperable vehicles in an enclosed building out of public view or remove them from your property. Participate in agency-sponsored trash/garbage removal programs that usually occur once a year. Mill Valley's City ordinance 7.04.150 requires all residence to have disposal service.

Show All Answers

1. Is my property in a FEMA Floodplain/Special Flood Hazard Area?
2. What if my parcel is in a Special Hazard Area Floodplain, but the structure(s) are not or my structure is raised?
3. What is the definition of a substantial improvement?
4. What is the definition of the depreciated market value of a structure?
5. How do I determine the valuation of my project?
6. What if the scope of work increases after my building permit is pulled?
7. Do I need to fill out this form for a permit that is done over the counter?
8. What if my project is a Substantial Improvement?
9. Where can I get more information?
10. My neighbor's construction project is making a lot of noise - what is allowed?
11. How far in advance do story poles have to be put up? How long do they stay up?
12. I’m a property owner and I'd like to get a copy of the original set of building plans for my house. Do I still need approval of the design professional?
13. I’m a new business owner and will be replacing the old sign with my new name. Do I still need a sign permit?
14. What is required regarding trash, debris, indoor and outdoor storage?