How do I dispose of my old prescription medicine?

Outdated prescription medicine, pharmaceuticals you no longer use may be turned in at the Mill Valley Police Department during normal business hours. Place items into the green disposal bin located in the front lobby. Drugs must be removed from their original packaging and placed in zip-lock bags. Ointments or liquids may remain in their original containers.

Sharps or needles should be returned to your pharmacy for proper disposal. Do not flush medicine and sharps down the toilet! Some compounds used in making medicine can pass through wastewater treatment plants and into the Bay which can harm aquatic life.

Some pharmacies will accept your old medications and sharps. Contact the County of Marin for a list of free drop off locations.

Show All Answers

1. Is it okay for my dog to be off-leash?
2. When are the parking meter holidays?
3. I received a traffic citation. How do I find out the bail amount to pay?
4. Who do I contact if I am having an animal issue?
5. Are there certain hours that construction crews are allowed to work?
6. Why was my real estate sign taken from the house for sale?
7. How do I get a “fix it” ticket signed-off?
8. Does Mill Valley have a curfew law?
9. Should I call the Police if I see something “suspicious” or unusual?
10. Are leaf blowers allowed in Mill Valley?
11. How do I dispose of my old prescription medicine?
12. Where is the Mill Valley Police Department located?
13. I don't think I deserve this parking ticket. What can I do?
14. What can I do when I see a dangerous driver?
15. How do I report an abandoned car?
16. Is Mill Valley a safe place to live? What kind of crime happens here?
17. Where do I get a residential parking permit?
18. My vehicle has commercial plates and I parked in a yellow zone. Why did I receive a citation?
19. I have a sign at my house stating “No Solicitors,” but they still come to my door. Should I call the police?
20. How can I obtain a citizen's complaint form?