May 9, 2022
555 Redwood Highway
Mill Valley, CA 94941
Annual City Council Retreat
Monday, May 9, 2022
Please note that due to the location, this meeting will not be webcast.
View or download the May 9, 2022 Special City Council meeting agenda, staff reports, and/or supporting materials (PDF).
SPECIAL CITY COUNCIL MEETING
555 REDWOOD HIGHWAY, MILL VALLEY
*Please note that due to the location, this meeting will not be webcast.
CALL TO ORDER
PUBLIC OPEN TIME
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA ORDER
1. GENERAL MEETING OBJECTIVES AND REVIEW OF GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- Review City’s Mission Statement, Core Values, and Key Issues
2. DISCUSSION OF TOPICS OF INTEREST FOR ATTENTION
- Department & Succession Planning Updates
- Earthquake Reduction Program/Soft Story Ordinance
3. DRAFT BUDGET REVIEW AND FINANCIAL OUTLOOK
- Quarterly General Fund Report
- Two-Year Budget for Fiscal Year 2022/2023 and Fiscal Year 2023/2024
- Capital Improvement Plan
- Long-Range Financial Plan
4. BREAK FOR LUNCH
5. CITY COUNCIL PRIORITY PROJECTS
- Priority Project Updates for Fiscal Year 2021/2022
- Priority Project Requests for Fiscal Year 2022/2023
6. OTHER DISCUSSION ITEMS
- City Council Election Dates
- City Council Meeting Frequency
- City Council Liaison Assignments
- Board, Commission, and Committee Eligibility & Selection Process
- County-wide Funding Requests
- AB3074: Non-Combustible Zone
7. APPETIZER RECEPTION TO FOLLOW
To the next Regular City Council meeting which will be held on Monday, May 16, 2022.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection on the City’s website at www.cityofmillvalley.org (LINK) subject to staff’s ability to post the documents prior to the meeting.
The City of Mill Valley does not discriminate against any individual with a disability. Upon request, City publications will be made available in the appropriate format to persons with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation to participate, please contact the City Clerk at 388-4033 (TTY 711) at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. The City will use its best efforts to make reasonable accommodations to provide as much accessibility as possible, while also maintaining public safety.