October 4, 2021
City Hall - Council Chambers
26 Corte Madera Ave
Mill Valley, CA 94941
City Council Meeting
Monday, October 4, 2021
View or download the October 4, 2021 Regular City Council meeting agenda (PDF).
View or download the October 4, 2021 Closed Session agenda (PDF).
View or download the October 4, 2021 agendas, staff reports, and/or supporting materials (LINK).
CALL TO ORDER
ACTION OUT OF CLOSED SESSION
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA ORDER
1. Presentation of a Proclamation Declaring October 7 – 17, 2021, as Mill Valley Film Festival Days and Congratulating the Mill Valley Film Festival on the Occasion of its 44th Anniversary.
2. Presentation to Acknowledge the Generosity and Support of the Mill Valley Library Foundation and the Friends of the Library for the 2021/2022 Fiscal Year.
3. Review, Consideration of Appointing Councilmember Burke to Fill Vacant Joint Powers Authorities and Liaison Assignments, and Confirmation of the Mayor’s Previous Appointments.
Recommended Action: Appoint Councilmember Burke and confirm appointments.
4. Publication of a Draft Resolution and a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Mill Valley Police Officers Association (POA) and the City of Mill Valley for Public Information.
Recommended Action: No action required; the proposed MOU is presented for public information and action will be proposed at the October 18, 2021 City Council meeting.
5. Receive Report and Authorize the Request to Provide Sewer Connection and Service to a Property Located Outside of City of Mill Valley Boundaries (11 Brighton Boulevard) Subject to Marin Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCo) Approval and Authorize Staff to Execute the Outside Service Agreement.
Recommended Action: Authorize the connection and service subject to Marin LAFCo approval and authorize staff to execute the Outside Service Agreement and related documents.
6. Receive Report and Consideration of a Resolution Adding Steps, Lanes, and Paths (SLP) 112, 141, 142, 145, 149, 155, 160, 180, and 253 to the Official City of Mill Valley SLP Inventory and Directing the Director of Public Works to Update the SLP Map on File in the Public Works Department to Reflect the Amended SLP Inventory.
Recommended Action: Adopt Resolution No. 21-___.
COUNCIL AND STAFF ANNOUNCEMENTS
COUNCIL LIAISON REPORTS
CITY MANAGER’S REPORT
PUBLIC OPEN TIME
7. Receive Presentation and Consideration of a Proposal to Eliminate Fines at the Mill Valley Public Library as Part of its Commitment to Free and Equitable Access.
Recommended Action: Receive presentation and approve the proposal.
8. Receive Report and Consideration of Approving the Historical Signage Project.
Recommended Action: Approve Historical Signage project.
COUNCIL REQUESTS AND IDEAS FOR DISCUSSION
The Council will adjourn to the next Regular City Council meeting which will be held on Monday, October 18, 2021.