APPLY FOR PERMITS HERE
Contractors or Architects can apply for a permit online, but if this is your first time applying for a permit you will need to request a user account. If you do not already have a user account please contact Athena Langdon, Permit Service Coordinator at email@example.com with your State License Number and contact information including your address, phone number and email address.
Information on plan requirements, decibel reading allowances for generators please review our Supplemental Guide for Generators.
Residential Generator Online
- This permit is for generators that will be permanently installed only.
- Note: Portable generators that operate with extension cords and are not permanently attached to a structure do not require a permit. All generators are subject to the City's noise limits.
Plans/ Documents required for permitting
Please attach the following:
- Site Plan (see example)
- Showing all property lines and structures
- Distance of unit to property lines and neighboring bedroom windows
- See Zoning Information for setback requirements
- Manufactures Specifications Including:
- Decibel ratings for unit and the distance the unit rating is measured at.
- Installation instructions, including details how the unit will be permanently installed.
- Electrical Information:
- Including modifications to be made to existing electrical service and connection to the unit.
- Provide electrical line diagram showing all conduits and conductors (number, size, distances), transfer switches, panels, equipment, and loads.
- Gas Schematic (see diagram)
- Required when connecting to your existing Natural Gas System.
- Additional Items if applicable:
- Product documentation for any noise reducing measures or products that may be added to the unit.