The City of Mill Valley has partnered with the Cities for Climate Protection (CCP) Campaign, pledging to take a leadership role in addressing climate change.
Check out what the City and its residents and businesses can do at www.marinclimate.org
The City of Mill Valley has agreed to undertake the following 5 milestones to address and reduce emissions:
1. Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions Inventory. The Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory identifies the sources and quantify the volumes of greenhouse gas emissions resulting from community and governmental operations within Mill Valley.
2. Emission Reduction Targets. City Council has adopted the following targets:
3. Climate Action Plan. The City's General Plan also serves as its Climate Action Plan and is used to identify actions that the community and local government can take to reduce emissions
4. Implementation. The City has partnered with the Marin County Climate and Energy Partnership to coordinate the implementation of local Climate Action programs, policies and procedures.
5. Monitoring the Progress and Reporting the Results. The City intends to continue to collect data and monitor progress of the Climate Action Plan in order to determine how successful the City and community has been in reducing emissions. Monitoring and reporting is an important step to ensure that the City meets its 2020 emissions reduction targets. Likewise, the Climate Action Plan will be modified based on the results and progress of emissions reductions reported out as part of this step.