Our Commitment: The City of Mill Valley commits to act and encourage community action towards eliminating racial disparities, both inside government and in the community.
- Operate with Urgency - Work with urgency to accelerate progress towards the City’s DEI goals.
- Build Staff and Organizational Capacity - Build existing internal structures and training to augment existing skills and competencies.
- Leverage Existing Resources - Continue momentum and strengthen partnerships with allied organizations and community members.
- Operate with Accountability & Transparency - Commitment to open and public decision-making, to track and report regularly on DEI initiatives, and provide opportunities for input.
- Achieve Goals with Scaled Approach - Focus on efforts that are appropriately scaled and within City jurisdiction.
- Institutional Approach - Work across all City departments and divisions, with a focus on examining existing City policies and procedures to eliminate racial disparities.
See the City of Mill Valley Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Work Plan.