This page will serve as a clearinghouse of DEI-related information and updates for Mill Valley and from community partners and agencies across Marin County.
Introduction of a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Tracking Tool & Process
On February 18, 2021 Council considered the Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Work Plan prepared by staff in response to the Mill Valley DEI Task Force’s Report & Recommendations. Council gave full support to over 40 specific, tactical, actionable, measurable recommendations to meaningfully advance racial equity in Mill Valley. Click here to view the table that tracks the process of each of these recommendations to conclusion.
Our Commitment: The City of Mill Valley commits to act and encourage community action towards eliminating racial disparities, both inside government and in the community.
- Operate with Urgency - Work with urgency to accelerate progress towards the City’s DEI goals.
- Build Staff and Organizational Capacity - Build existing internal structures and training to augment existing skills and competencies.
- Leverage Existing Resources - Continue momentum and strengthen partnerships with allied organizations and community members.
- Operate with Accountability & Transparency - Commitment to open and public decision-making, to track and report regularly on DEI initiatives, and provide opportunities for input.
- Achieve Goals with Scaled Approach - Focus on efforts that are appropriately scaled and within City jurisdiction.
- Institutional Approach - Work across all City departments and divisions, with a focus on examining existing City policies and procedures to eliminate racial disparities.
See the City of Mill Valley Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Work Plan.
DEI-related information and updates for Mill Valley and from community partners and agencies across Marin County.