Join us for a FREE 2-hour seminar on wildfire preparedness for Mill Valley Residents, Sunday, May 5, 2019, 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM at Mill Valley Community Center, 180 Camino Alto, Mill Valley.
As Mill Valley and Marin residents, we all share responsibility to be prepared for wildfires. Wildfires are a natural part of our environment, and its imperative that we build our homes, maintain our landscapes, and prepare our families for the next major fire.
Learn about your community’s hazard and what you can do about it from the wildfire experts at Mill Valley Fire Department, Southern Marin Fire District and FIRESafe MARIN.
• Are you and your family prepared to safely evacuate during a wildfire?
• Are you up to date on local ordinance updates proposed in Mill Valley?
• Is your home vulnerable to igniting from wildfire embers?
• Does your home have adequate Defensible Space?
• Are you interested in working with neighbors and land managers to reduce fire risk in your community?
This workshop is intended primarily for residents, homeowners and regular visitors to Marin County, CA. Registration online at www.firesafemarin.org/events is encouraged, but not required.
Sunday, May 5, 2019 from 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM, Seminar consisting of a 90-minute presentation and 30 minutes of questions and answers. Additional seminars will be held across Marin in 2019.
Each “Living with Fire” session will focus on local issues facing the community hosting the event. Parking may be limited – please carpool! Presentation: 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM; Q&A and meet with your Fire Department 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM.
( View PDF )