Business Support Task Force Update
Responding to concerns regarding the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, on March 16, 2020, the Mayor and City Council directed Acting City Manager/Chief of Police Alan Piombo to appoint an ad-hoc committee made up of members of the business community, Chamber of commerce, City staff and two Council representatives to pursue immediate mitigation and relief of the economic impacts of the COVID-19 crisis on local businesses.
- The Task Force had their first meeting, and issued letters to State Senator Mike McGuire, State Assemblymember Marc Levine, and Marin County Supervisor Kate Sears. Read the letters.
- Tuesday, March 24, the Marin County Board of Supervisors heard a request for moratoriums on evictions during the COVID-19 emergency, as well as, a safety net relief fund in response to the COVID-19 emergency. Both items were approved.
- At a Special meeting on Thursday, March 26, the Mill Valley City Council will receive an update on the Business Support Task Force. Read the Staff Report.
- Since day one of the crisis, the Mill Valley Chamber of Commerce has hunted down every source of business relief and resources available. Click here to view the list.
- The City Council received an update on the work of the Task Force at their March 26, 2020 meeting. Read the Staff Report. Watch the Video.
Updated March 27, 2020 - Check back for updates.