Parks, Playgrounds and Trailhead Information
September 30, 2020
If you plan to use parks and outdoor space in upcoming days, please make sure you know the new rules so you may stay in compliance.
- Mill Valley fields
- Trails and trailhead parking
- Skate Park, Boyle Park Tennis Courts and the Mill Valley Golf Course
- Public parking lots
- Public restrooms in City Parks
When using public spaces:
- You are required to bring a face covering and wear it when you cannot be more than 6 feet from people you do not share a household with
- Continue to physically distance from people you do not share a household with
- Park only in legal parking spaces. Illegally parked cars will be ticketed and/or towed.
- Leave no trace - keep our parks, trails and trailheads clean and free of trash!
Playgrounds are open
Visitors to outdoor community playgrounds must comply with the following requirements:
- Face masks over the mouth and nose are required for everyone 2 years of age or older with caregiver supervision at all times to ensure face mask use.
- Do not use the playground when different households are unable to maintain a physical distance of 6 feet or when the capacity limit has been reached.
- Caregivers must monitor to keep adults and children from different households at least 6 feet apart.
- Consider coming on different times or days to avoid wait times and potential crowded times.
- No eating or drinking in playground, to ensure face masks are worn at all times.
- Wash or sanitize hands before and after using the playground.
- Elderly and persons with underlying medical conditions should avoid playground when others are present.
- Limit visit to 30 min per day when others are present
- Playgrounds have maximum occupancy numbers for users. Look for signs posted at each playground and do not enter if the playground is full.