Red Flag Warning Extended - Wed. 10/14 at 5 AM PST through Sat. 10/17 at 8 AM PST
Update: Due to the warmer temperatures and high winds in Northern California, The National Weather Service has extended Red Flag Warning for the North Bay Mountains, East Bay Hills, the Santa Cruz Mountains, North Bay Valleys and East Bay Valleys valid starting at 5 AM PDT on Wednesday 10/14 through Saturday 10/17 at 8 AM PDT Offshore winds over higher terrain is expected to be gusty with dangerously dry conditions in place.
Fire Weather Tips and Resources
Mill Valley Weather Forecast
Is Your Home Ready for Wildfire Season?
- Remove all dead plants, grass and weeds (vegetation).
- Remove dead or dry leaves and pine needles from your yard, roof and rain gutters.
- Remove branches that hang over your roof and keep dead branches 10 feet away from your chimney.
- Trim trees regularly to keep branches a minimum of 10 feet from other trees.
- Relocate wood piles 100 feet from structures.
- Remove or prune flammable plants and shrubs near windows.
- Remove vegetation and items that could catch fire from around and under decks.
- Create a separation between trees, shrubs and items that could catch fire, such as patio furniture, wood piles, swing sets, etc.
Evacuation Preparedness Resources
Hot Weather Tips
During the hot weather, residents should take the necessary precautions to prevent serious health effects for heat-related illnesses. Here are some tips to stay cool and safe:
- Do not leave children and pets unattended in vehicles
- Limit outdoor activities
- Stay in air-conditioned buildings and shelters or public cooling center
- Wear loose, lightweight, light-colored clothing
- Check on friends, family and neighbors who are sensitive to heat at least twice a day
- Drink more water than usual and make sure family, friends and neighbors drink enough water.
- Know the signs of heat-related illness - click here for info.
More information and resources.