Marin County Public Health has announced a Stay-Home Order to reduce the transmission of COVID-19. Some of the Mill Valley Recreation (MVR) department's programs & facility offerings have been affected. See below for a breakdown of what is currently closed and open.
Effective at noon on Tuesday, December 8, 2020:
Closed/Cancelled Facilities and Programs:
- Indoor adult programs at MVR
- Indoor fitness classes at MVR
- Indoor gym use at MVR
- Indoor pool at MVR
- Indoor playgrounds
Open/Not Cancelled Facilities and Programs:
- Indoor youth programs at MVR
- Outdoor fitness classes at MVR
- Outdoor personal training at MVR
- Mill Valley athletic fields - please call Field Condition Hotline 383-7818 for specific closure schedules
- Outdoor playgrounds*
- Trails and trailhead parking
- Skate Park, Boyle Park Tennis Courts and the Mill Valley Golf Course
- Public picnic tables and benches
- Public parking lots
- Public restrooms in City Parks
* Playgrounds may remain open to facilitate physically distanced personal health and wellness through outdoor exercise. Playgrounds located on schools that remain open for in-person instruction, and not accessible by the general public, may remain open and must follow guidance for schools and school-based programs (PDF).
Remember...when using public spaces:
- You are required to bring a face covering and wear it when you cannot be more than 6 feet from people you do not share a household with.
- Continue to physically distance from people you do not share a household with.
- Park only in legal parking spaces. Illegally parked cars will be ticketed and/or towed.
- Leave no trace - keep our parks, trails and trailheads clean and free of trash!
Marin’s online search tool for information, services, and resources.