East Blithedale Rehabilitation Project Update – Phase I
Phase I of the East Blithedale Rehabilitation Project is scheduled to start August 2021 and is expected to be complete in January 2022.
The project limit for Phase I is from Camino Alto to US 101 will include Ashford Avenue pavement repair from Meadow Drive to Lomita Drive. Key features of the project include:
- Pavement rehabilitation (dig outs, grind and overlay, installing reinforcement pavement fabric) from Camino Alto through the City/County border to Caltrans US 101 Right of Way and Ashford Drive (to help alleviate traffic congestion, night time paving work will take place on East Blithedale between the hours of 7:00PM and 6:00AM).
- New Class IV bike lanes westbound from Roque Moraes to Kipling and eastbound from Tower to Ashford
- Traffic signal upgrades (new traffic signal conduits and boxes, relocation of some existing and some new traffic signal poles, relocating a traffic signal cabinet, and adding reflective tape to signal backplates) at the Camino Alto and Lomita/Roque Moraes intersections
- ADA curb Ramp upgrades
- Improved access to and the Multi-Use Trail entrance on the south side of Blithedale.
- Closure of the free right turn lane for motorists from Blithedale Avenue onto Ashford Avenue and reconfiguration of the traffic circulation around the median island.
- A new pedestrian crosswalk across Ashford Avenue just west of Meadow Drive, including a wider bulb out with a fence to channelize pedestrians and safety lighting
Mill Valley-Sausalito Pathway Access Improvements
Ashford Avenue and Meadow Drive Improvements
Project Construction Contacts:
Mill Valley Project Manager:
Ahmed A. Aly
Coastland Construction Manager:
Mike Janet, firstname.lastname@example.org
707.571.8005 Office | 707.494.6464 Mobile
Argonaut Constructors Project Manager:
707-280-4986 Mobile, 707-542-4862 Office
To learn more about the East Blithedale Rehabilitation Project, visit the main Project page here.