Pick Up Your Emergency Evacuation Tag
The Cities of Mill Valley, Sausalito, Tiburon, and Belvedere are distributing FREE Evacuation Tags to be used during evacuation emergencies. Residents are advised to display these tags in a highly visible location to first responders when evacuating their homes.
Please pick up your Evacuation Tags at your corresponding police stations:
- Sausalito Police Department, 29 Caledonia St, Sausalito, CA 94965
- Mill Valley Police Department, 1 Hamilton Dr, Mill Valley, CA 94941
- Tiburon Police Department, 1155 Tiburon Blvd, Tiburon, CA 94920
- Belvedere Police Department, 450 San Rafael Ave, Belvedere Tiburon, CA 94920
- Marin County Sheriff's Office, 1600 Los Gamos Dr #200, San Rafael, CA 94903
Watch “How To Use Evacuation Tag” Video
Fire Weather Tips and Resources
Current Southern Marin Weather Forecast
Is Your Home Ready for Wildfire Season?
- Remove all dead plants, grass and weeds (vegetation).
- Remove dead or dry leaves and pine needles from your yard, roof and rain gutters.
- Remove branches that hang over your roof and keep dead branches 10 feet away from your chimney.
- Trim trees regularly to keep branches a minimum of 10 feet from other trees.
- Relocate wood piles 100 feet from structures.
- Remove or prune flammable plants and shrubs near windows.
- Remove vegetation and items that could catch fire from around and under decks.
- Create a separation between trees, shrubs and items that could catch fire, such as patio furniture, wood piles, swing sets, etc.
Evacuation Preparedness Resources