Emergency Preparedness-Defensible Space
Learn about the proposed Vegetation Ordinance here.
The grass is green and the dirt is still wet. As hard as it is to believe, Fire Season is coming up quick. It’s that time again to start clearing your Defensible Space around your home. Get ahead of the curve and take on that vegetation while it is still manageable early in the season.
- While there is a long list of maintenance items for fire season, these simple ones can easily be forgotten
- Clean you gutters and roof-Not just a winter chore, this simple steps removes a fuel bed from spreading fires
- Visible address numbers- This simple addition can keep you and your family safer by ensuring your home can be found even by resources from other parts of the state
- Clear brush around driveway and home- Allow us to better protect your home my making sure we can get our equipment in.
- Check out these resources to
For more information on defensible space and wild fire preparedness, please visit the Fire Department's Vegetation Management Program page.