Miller Avenue Construction Update - Week of August 14 - 18
What happened last week:
- Final Asphalt Concrete (AC) placement of Outbound Miller number 1 lane occurred on Monday.
- Side street tie in paving, medians, and pacing was finalized in parking areas along Miller in the project area.
- Raising of sewer system manholes started and will continue for three weeks.
What is happening this week:
- Remaining side streets, medians, and parking areas will be paved Monday through Wednesday.
- CAT Tracking layout for street striping.
- Raising of sewer system manholes.
What to expect in the next few weeks:
- Previously lowered manholes for paving operations will be raised to the proper elevation.
- Work on landscape irrigation final tie for upcoming planting will resume.
- Mainline street striping along Miller Avenue.
Please Note: There will be parking restrictions, lane shifts, and short-term limited driveway/sidestreet access to allow for final paving and striping. Please plan ahead and allow extra time when traveling on Miller Ave.
Click here for the full weekly update.
The City recommends that motorists:
- Add time to your trip and plan ahead - check out www.mvconnect.org before your trip.
- Drive slowly through the construction zone.
- Please be courteous to your neighbors and do not to cut through the residential side streets during the construction period.
City and Construction Management staff are making every effort to mitigate impacts during construction and are working with the Mill Valley Chamber of Commerce to notify local businesses and residents of the planned work. City and Construction Management staff will provide regular updates to the community regarding the project.
Stay InformedConstruction updates will be provided on a weekly basis. Stay informed by signing up for updates here. Follow us onTwitter, Facebook and our project website www.cityofmillvalley.org/millerave. Questions?Construction Specific Questions – Please contact Mark Thrailkill with 4LEAF Construction Management at phone (415)328-6972 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.General Questions – Please contact Linn Walsh, Assistant to the City Manager, City of Mill Valley at email@example.com.